Skip to main content

Leave Term Housing

Students who wish to live on campus in order to do research and/or work on campus (total average of 30 hours or more per week), are eligible to apply for leave term housing. To apply for leave term housing for the winter, spring or summer terms, the student must complete the on-line housing application on BannerStudent and answer the questions pertaining to leave term housing.   The student then provides written verification of College employment and/or College related activity to the Housing Office. Upperclass students seeking leave term housing for the fall should contact the Housing office for more information as space is typically not available in the fall term for leave term residents.

On-time leave term applicants will be assigned as space permits in priority number order after all on-time enrolled students have been accommodated.

Any leave term student living in housing coordinated by the Undergraduate Housing Office  (which includes all undergraduate residence halls and apartments, affinity/special interest programs, and College- or privately-owned GLO and undergraduate society facilities) must participate in a college dining plan at a level no smaller than the "SmartChoice5 or Block Choice45" plans (or their equivalent). Financial aid monies that normally go towards room and board are not available for leave term room and board costs.  Students who receive financial aid are asked to meet with their Financial Aid Counselor to review their individual situation and options.

Leave Term Applications Deadlines and Information


Application Deadline

Application Process

Winter 2016

October 22, 2015


Spring 2016

February 9, 2016


Summer 2016

May 13, 2016 (TENTATIVE)


Last Updated: 10/6/15