The student affairs staff across the Dean of the College division joins me in congratulating you on your offer of admission. Whether you have already made your commitment to Dartmouth or are still considering your options, your invitation to join our community opens the door to an incredible breadth of academic, leadership, and co-curricular opportunities. Dartmouth is a place of discovery that offers you transformative opportunities for growth and learning. We hope you will accept the invitation to take advantage of all that Dartmouth has to offer.
We look forward to seeing those of you who will be visiting for Dimensions in April, and to welcoming the Class of 2018 to campus this fall. If you commit to becoming an '18, this site will become your primary source of information as you plan for your arrival. In early May, you'll learn more here about accessing your Dartmouth email account, applying for housing, preparing to choose your fall courses during Orientation, and becoming a full member of the Dartmouth community. Please bookmark this page, and return regularly to be sure that you have accurate and up-to-date information.
Dean Laskaris and her staff in Admissions have shared how excited they are about the experiences and talents you will bring to our community. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Dean of the College
- Most incoming students choose to participate in a Dartmouth Outing Club First-Year Trip before Orientation begins.
- It is not possible to choose your Trip dates; students will be assigned to a Trip section based on their availability, activity preferences and other factors.
- Depending on which Trip a student is assigned and the date the Trip returns to campus, arrival dates and access to residence hall rooms may vary.
- Families are strongly encouraged to wait to make final travel plans until the summer when Trips assignments are released.
- FALL VARSITY ATHLETES: You will receive information about arrival and practice dates from your coaches.
- If you have not arrived on campus before then, you should arrive in time to join your classmates at Orientation activities beginning late in the afternoon on Tuesday, September 9, 2014.
|Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- New Student Orientation activities officially begin after 5:00 p.m. for the Class of 2018 and Transfer Students.
- Residence Hall Check-In for students scheduled to arrive on September 9, 2014
- Welcome Program for Parents and Families
- Dartmouth College partners with parents, guardians and families to help students succeed.
- Orientation events for parents who choose to come to campus will be complete by 4:00 p.m., at which point students will say goodbye and join their classmates as the great Class of 2018!
- These activities are NOT MANDATORY - indeed, we know that not all parents and families will be able to join us on this day.
- Details about welcome activities for parents and families will be communicated during the summer via this web page.
|Monday, September 15, 2014
||First Day of Classes
|What happens during New Student Orientation?
- New Student Orientation will feature programs and events designed to prepare you to elect your first term courses and to become a full member of the Dartmouth community.
- Orientation begins with early evening activities on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 after welcome activities for parents, guardians and families.
- Your schedule will be very full between Wednesday, September 10th and Sunday, September 14th!
- This website will be your best source for up-to-date schedule information as the months progress. We suggest you visit it frequently!
- Detailed schedule information will be available in late summer.
- We can't wait to see you!
Please also note: There is no official family weekend in the Fall term. First-Year Family Weekend is typically held during the Spring term. The exact dates for the Class of 2018 will be published on the Collis Center for Student Involvement website in May 2014.
We look forward to welcoming you to Dartmouth College!