OPAL at a Glance
- In support of the College's mission, OPAL offers campus leadership training programs which help students develop the knowledge and skills to compete in an increasingly diverse society and marketplace.
- In support of the College's core value to create and maintain an inclusive and diverse student and alumni body, OPAL works in close partnership with the Admissions Office, Alumni Affairs, and the Dean's Office. In addition, OPAL collaborates and consults with over 50 different campus departments and offices.
- OPAL supports over 75 student organizations.
- OPAL assists in the planning of over 300 campus-wide events that celebrate and raise awareness regarding the rich cultural diversity of the Dartmouth community.
- OPAL delivers programs with Greek letter organizations and residence halls.
- OPAL actively works to enhance cross-group interactions through various coalition building networks and dialogue programs.
- OPAL staff provides outreach, academic, and personal advisement to individuals as well as specific student communities through various initiatives and programs.
- In partnership with academic programs/departments and the Office of Residential Life, OPAL actively supports several residential co-curricular programs.
- OPAL staff assists the College through sharing their expertise and skills by serving on over 30 different campus committees.
Last Updated: 1/31/13