The Office of Institutional Diversity & Equity (IDE) creates partnerships with offices and individuals across the institution to provide resources that promote access, respect, and community for all.
- We are Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action: Processes and Policies
- We are Disability Resources: Access and Accommodation
- We are Research & Planning: Information and Analysis
- We are Training & Educational Programs: Excellence and Leadership
- We are Support: Collaboration and Resources
- We are Consultation: Assessing and Strategizing
- We are Outreach Projects & Programming: Community Building & Awareness
- Dartmouth releases an Action Plan for Inclusive Excellence on May 27th. Learn more at www.dartmouth.edu/diversity
- Experience Dartmouth (ED) Ambassador program launches in April! The ED Ambassador Program is an electronic database of faculty, staff, and community members who have volunteered their contact information to potential applicants looking to move to Dartmouth College and the Upper Valley region. ED Ambassadors can play a crucial role in the recruitment and retention of diverse candidates as they are able to provide insight into the various cultural and/or religious backgrounds they identify with. Find out more and sign-up as a volunteer here.
- On Monday, April 18th, Dartmouth College participants attended the New Hampshire Women in Higher Education Leadership (NHWHEL) conference at Southern New Hampshire University.
- On April 7th, IDE hosted diversity trainer Lee Mun Wah for a series of workshops and diversity dialogues. See "Lee Mun Wah Discusses Diversity and Culture in Workshops" for a great summary of the day.
- Mind, Body, and Spirit IDE Health & Wellness Network: Launching in spring 2016, the Health & Wellness Network, led by Evelynn Ellis - Vice President of Institutional Diversity and Equity - is an online resource for topics related to health and wellness. The Network's goals are to share resources about healthy living from a variety of perspectives and engage in dialogue around health-related topics such as healthcare disparities, mental health, and more. Members are welcome to share articles and information with the group. Join the conversation on our Facebook page.
- Dartmouth students, faculty, and staff gathered in front of Dartmouth Hall on November 12, 2015 in a demonstration of solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.