Two intramural teams (softball and soccer) are being organized for the summer season. The teams are coed and are open to all Dartmouth faculty and staff. The season starts on July 5. The games will be played Monday through Friday between 4:15 and 8:15PM. The exact schedule will be determined at the beginning of the season.
All games will be played at Garipay Fields (where intramural soccer and football are played). Rt. 10 North; one mile from the gym.
• Be aware of all rule modifications for this round-robin league (e.g., your own pitcher pitches to your team, a full team is nine players, three pitches).
• All teams will play seven-inning games, generally one game per week.
• Copies of league rules will be blitzed to you and will be available on Blitz Bulletins.
• General hours of play are 4:15-8:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. Rainouts will not be made up. All teams that don't forfeit go to the playoffs.
• Ump your own game: Catcher calls fouls and out-of-play. Base coaches call bases and home plate.
All games will be played at Sachem Fields. South on Main 1/2 mile, on the left.
• Teams will consist of seven members per side (including goalkeeper). Teams may play with up to eleven members a side by mutual consent (blitz your opponent ahead).
• Copies of the league rules will be blitzed to you.
• Hours of play will be 4:15-8:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. Generally, there will be one game per week.
• Each team will have one person sitting out to referee.
For more information on joining a team, contact Rex Morey ’99 via e-mail at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at (603) 646-2597.
To learn more about the league, check out the Athletics-Intramurals Blitz Bulletin.
Last Updated: 10/15/08