ArtWorks originated in 2006 as a semi-annual employee art show that spotlights the many creative talents of Dartmouth faculty and staff. To date, ArtWorks has featured over 800 exhibits and performances, with approximately 50 faculty and staff participating each year.
We've maintained a small collection of historical information including participants and performance schedules, all available online.
ArtWorks 2016 will be taking place Friday, December 2, 2016.
For questions please visit our FAQ's
Guidelines for Submissions
• All Dartmouth employees are eligible to submit pieces to ArtWorks.
• Submission deadline is Monday November 7th.
• Space is limited. As a result, ArtWorks accepts submissions on a first-come, first-serve basis for each category. Not all submissions will be part of the festival.
• Based on available space, the number of pieces exhibited per artist will be limited to a maximum of three. Artists who participated in previous ArtWorks festivals will be asked to exhibit different works.
• Items may not be sold at the ArtWorks festival. Business cards may not be distributed. The artist's name, job title, department, and e-mail address will be listed on each piece's title card.
• Two-dimensional works (e.g., paintings) must be no larger than 48" x 48", and they must be "ready to hang" (e.g., framed with hanging wire, matted).
• Based on space limitations, ArtWorks may decide that works are too large to exhibit.
• Artists will be assigned specific times to set up and take down their exhibits.
• Maximum running time for live performances (e.g., music, dance, spoken word) is 15 minutes. Artists will have 15 minutes before and after their performances for setup and breakdown of their equipment.
• DVD will be the format for projected visual works. Please submit a ~5 minute excerpt of your projected visual work for display at the event.
• ArtWorks reserves the right to remove obscene, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate material from exhibition at any time in its sole discretion.
• ArtWorks reserves the right to dispose of any work that an artist has not removed from the festival premises within two business days after the end of the festival.
• Artists selected for participation in the ArtWorks festival will be required to sign a release form.
• The following information is required with submission: employee name, job title, department, and e-mail address; title, medium, and size of each piece.
• Artists must provide files of their works with the submission form in one of the formats listed below. ArtWorks will offer a scheduled session for those artists who need assistance photographing their pieces.
Painting, drawing, photography, and crafts: JPEG, Scan, or Photocopy
Film, video, dance, and theatre: Windows Media, Quicktime, or DVD
Music and spoken word: MP3, WAV, or Audio CD
Text: Microsoft Word , Adobe Acrobat PDF, or photocopy
Last Updated: 6/15/16