Alcohol and Other Drug Education
The Office of Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Education Programs' primary mission is to support the academic mission of the College by promoting an environment that encourages responsible decision-making regarding AOD use, as well as; reducing the harm associated with the primary and secondary effects of use, abuse and addiction.
Dartmouth College engages our students at various levels to achieve this mission. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Pro-Active Prevention: activities that present the opportunity to develop a sense of community free from alcohol and other drug use.
- Prevention: educational opportunities that provide the latest facts about AOD and their effects.
- Intervention: activities that seek to make positive changes in behavior related to AOD use, abuse and/or addiction. Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS).
- Treatment: Intensive outpatient services provided in conjunction with Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. Inpatient services are coordinated by one’s Dartmouth College Health Service primary care provider.
- Recovery Support: Individual and group recovery support designed to sustain a positive way of living.
Dartmouth College Health Service
Department of Health Promotion and Wellness
Robinson (Robo) 320 HB 6144
Hanover, NH 03755
Phone: (603) 646-9414 FAX: (603) 646-9450