Dirk J. Vandewalle
Associate Professor of Government
B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, Southwest State University
M.I.A., International Affairs, Columbia University
Certificate, Middle East Institute, Columbia University
M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Political Science, Columbia University
- A History of Modern Libya, Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- "Social Contracts, Institutional Development and Economic Growth and Reform in Middle East Oil Exporters," background paper for Tarik Yousef, The Employment Challenge in the 21st Century; From Labor Force Growth to Job Creation, A regional economic report on the Middle East and North Africa written for the World Bank, 2004.
- Libya Since Independence: Oil and State-Building, Cornell University Press, 1998.
- Editor, North Africa: Development and Reform in a Changing Global Economy, St. Martin's Press, 1996.
- Editor, Qadhafi's Revolution 1969-1994," St. Martin's Press, 1995.
- State-building and regime change in the Middle East and North Africa
- Commodity booms, institutional development and economic reform in developing countries.