Ronald G. Shaiko
Research Associate Professor
Senior Fellow, Associate Director of Curricular Programs of Rockefeller Center
B.A., Political Science and History, Ursinus College
M.A., Ph.D., Political Science, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
- "The News Media and Organized Interests in the United States," in Mark Rozell, ed., Media Power, Media Politics, 2nd edition (Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2008).
- "Political Parties--On the Path to Revitalization," in Richard Semiatin, ed., Campaigns on the Cutting Edge (Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly Press, 2008), pp. 105-122.
- "Same-Sex Marriage, GLBT Organizations, and the Lack of Spirited Political Engagement," in Clyde Wilcox and Craig Rimmerman, eds., The Politics of Same-Sex Marriage (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2007), pp. 85-103.
- The Interest Group Connection: Electioneering, Lobbying, and Policymaking in Washington, 2nd Edition, co-edited with Paul S. Herrnson and Clyde Wilcox, Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly Press, 2005.
- "Making the Connection: Organized Interests, Political Representation, and the Changing Rules of the Game in Washington Politics," in Paul S. Herrnson, Ronald G. Shaiko, and Clyde Wilcox, eds., The Interest Group Connection: Electioneering, Lobbying, and policymaking in Washington, 2nd edition, Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly Press, 2005; with Paul S. Herrnson and Clyde Wilcox.
- "Spin, Advocacy, and Political News Reporting: The media and Interest Groups in the United States," in Mark Rozell, ed., Media Power, Media Politics, Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2003, pp. 181-205.
- Voices and Echoes for the Environment: Public Interest Representation in the 1990s and Beyond, Columbia University Press, 1999.
- The Interest Group Connection: Electioneering, Lobbying, and Policymaking in Washington, Chatham House Publishers, 1998; co-editor.
- "Female Participation in Association Governance and Political Representation: Women as Executive Directors, Board Members, Lobbyists, and PAC Directors," Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Winter 1997; (Winner, 1999 Editors' Prize for Best Scholarly Paper in Nonprofit Management and Leadership).
- USAID Political Party Development Assistance, United States Agency for International Development/Center for Democracy and Governance Technical Publications Series (PN-ACE-500), April 1999.
- American politics; interest groups and lobbying, Congress, Nonprofit organizations
- Comparative politics; democratization, social movements, interest groups and lobbying
- Public Policy