Robert Clements Associate Professor of Democracy and Politics
Silsby 218 Russell.Muirhead@Dartmouth.edu
A.B., Government, Harvard University
B.A., Philosophy, Politics, and Economics, Balliol College, Oxford
Ph.D., Harvard University
- A Defense of Party Spirit (in progress)
- Just Work (Harvard University Press, 2004)
Papers and Reviews:
- "Can Deliberative Democracy be Partisan?" Critical Review, Vol. 22, No. 2-3, 2010.
- "A Defense of Party Spirit," Perspectives on Politics, December 2006.
- "Respectable Partisanship," in Mary Ann McGrail and Sharon R. Krause, eds., The Arts of Rule: Essays in Honor of Harvey C. Mansfield (Lexington Books, 2008).
- "Partisan Loyalties," forthcoming in NOMOS volume on "Loyalty," edited by Sanford Levinson.
Recent Conference Presentations:
- "Primary Elections and Democratic Theory," with Bryan Garsten, American Political Science Association Annual Meeting, Toronto, 2009.
- "Work and Moral Responsibility," 7th Annual Texas A & M Political Theory Conference, March 2008.
- "The Ethics of Counterinsurgency," at Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California, February 2008.
- "Post-modernism and the Problem of Work," Villanova Conference on Human Work, September 2006.