Professor of Government
B.A., University of Virginia
M.A., Ph.D., Duke University
- Lacy, Dean, and Emerson M.S. Niou. 2013. "Nonseparable Preferences and Issue Packaging in Elections." In Schofield, Norman, Gonzalo Caballero, and Daniel Kselman, eds., Advances in Political Economy: Institutions, Modeling, and Empirical Analysis. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Lacy, Dean, and Emerson, M.S. Niou. 2012. "Information and Heterogeneity in Issue Voting: Evidence from the 2008 Presidential Election in Taiwan." Journal of East Asian Studies 12(1):119-141.
- Norris, Catherine J., Amanda G Dumville, Lacy, Dean P 2011 "Affective Forecasting Errors in the 2008 Election: Underpredicting Happiness," Political Psychology 32(2) 2011:235-49.
- Lacy, Dean and Paolino, Philip 2010 "Testing Proximity Versus Directional Voting Using Experiments," Electoral Studies 29 (2010):460-71.
- "A Theory of Issue Linkage and Economic Sanctions: The Roles of Information, Preferences, and Threats," with Emerson Niou, Journal of Politics, 66(1) 2004:25-42.
- "The Origins and Impact of Voter Support for Third-Party Candidates: A Case Study of the 1998 Minnesota Gubernatorial Election," with Quin Monson, Political Research Quarterly, 55(2) 2002: 409-37.
- "Economic Performance, Job Insecurity, and Electoral Choice." with Anthony Mughan, British Journal of Political Science, 32, 3 July 2002: 513-33.
- "Nonseparable Preferences, Measurement Error, and Unstable Survey Responses," Political Analysis, 9(2) 2001:1-21.
- "A Theory of Nonseparable Preferences in Survey Responses," American Journal of Political Science, 45(2) 2001:239-258. [Errata 45(3)]
- Electoral institutions and behavior
- Public opinion
- Political parties
- Congress and the presidency
- Democratic Theory
- Game Theory and methodology
Nonseparable Preferences and Issue Packaging in Elections.” In Schofield, Norman, Gonzalo Caballero, and Daniel Kselman, eds., Advances in Political Economy: Institutions, Modeling, and Empirical Analysis. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.