APPE Undergraduate Paper Competition
Undergraduate students are invited to submit papers on any topic in practical and professional ethics. The papers will be reviewed, and the authors of the best papers will be invited to present their papers during the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics Annual Meeting on February 28 - March 3 at the St. Anthony Hotel, San Antonio, TX.
To submit a paper, students are asked to follow all guidelines for paper submissions for the Annual Meeting. The deadline for undergraduate papers is November 1, 2012.
Click here for additional information regarding this competition.
- You may submit papers on any topic in practical and professional ethics.
- The papers will be reviewed and the authors of the best papers will be invited to present their papers during the Annual Meeting. Paper Selection Process (pdf format)
- The paper should be the actual paper you intend to present, not an abstract and not a paper you intend to trim.
- The paper should be no longer than appropriate for a 20-25 minute presentation (usually 15 pages).
- Normally, previously published papers will not be accepted.
The Annual Meeting registration fee will be waived for those students whose papers have been accepted.
- Each author who intends to present must complete a 2013 Submission Form.
- All submissions should be accompanied by a separate 250 word abstract including title and list of all authors of the submission. Please, use the naming scheme of: title_abstract.
- Formal Paper submissions should be prepared for blind review with a separate cover (title) sheet listing authors of the submission. If only some of the authors intend to present, please include that information in your email.
- Please use the naming scheme for your submission of: title_cover and title_body. Please submit all submission materials in pdf format to: APPE@indiana.edu.
How To Submit
The Submission and Registration Form may be emailed, or printed and faxed (812-856-4969), or mailed to:
Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
618 East Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Your submission itself must be mailed.
The Twenty-second Annual Meeting will convene at the St. Anthony Riverwalk Wyndham Hotel, 300 East Travis, San Antonio, TX 78205. For reservations, call 1-210-227-4392 or 1-877-999-3223. Identify yourself with the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics to receive the meeting room rate. Note: The deadline for hotel reservations at the meeting rate is February 3, 2013.