Other instruments available in the E. M. Facility
- Zeiss Ultraphot for bright field, Nomarski, and polarizing microscopy. A full set of Zeiss Neofluor lenses is available. Both transmitted and epi-illumination available. Outfitted with an Olympus DP-10digital camera.
- Zeiss SV8 stereomicroscope with 35 mm and digital cameras.
- Leitz laboratory microscope and Leitz polarizing microscope.
- Olympus two-headed microscope for consultations.
- In addition to the Zeiss SV8, we have several video cameras with adaptors for macro lenses, including Zeiss Luminars. These can be fed into a digitizing card for processing and display.
- We also have a Nikon CoolPix 995 digital camera with macro capabilities.
- Processing laboratory-- Room 240 Remsen (in the EM wing). A complete laboratory equipped for specimen preparation. Used primarily for biological specimens. Equipped with Tousimis critical point dryer, Mettler balances, centrifuges (general lab unit and Eppendorf), Hummer II sputter coater, embedding ovens, microfiche reader for reviewing negatives, mirror stereoscope with parallax measuring unit, and other miscellaneous instruments.
- Ultramicrotomes -- Sorvall MT5000 and MT 6000 ultramicrotomes, and several Sorvall MT1 ultramicrotomes. Cryo-kit for MT 5000.
- Ion mill and Dimpler-- Gatan Model 600 Duomill turbomolecular-pumped dual station ion mill and VCR Group Dimpler. Both for preparation of materials samples for TEM.