The Academic Skills Center is available to help all Dartmouth students be more effective and efficient learners. Don’t rely on high school study skills to get you through your first year. Use the ASC and its resources to get you on the right path towards academic success at Dartmouth! Come to 318 Wilson Hall . We are open M-F from 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
The Academic Skills Center offers:
* Make an appointment with Carl Thum, Director of the Academic Skills Center or Leslie Schnyder, Assistant Director of Academic Skills Center.
* Blitz ASC@Dartmouth.edu OR call (603) 646-2014.
* See these Reasons you Might Visit the ASC.
* Learning at Dartmouth introduces you to the key learning strategies and important resources that will help you succeed at Dartmouth.
* Earn one PE credit!
* Fall Term only! Enroll in the Academic Skills Center, 318 Wilson Hall
* Details on time and location will be announced as Fall term approaches
* For more information: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~acskills/learning/index.html
* 4 sessions; offered each term
* For more information: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~sao/collis/mini.html.
The Academic Skills Center has complied a list of resources from other institutions to give you even more important information.
Check out these sites for tips on how to succeed in your first year:
For more resources, see our Learning Links Page.
You can also visit our blog at http://academicskills.blogspot.com/
Individual Peer Tutoring
* Hundreds of smart students sign up for a tutor and/or enroll into a study group each term!
* You’ll learn more and do better on tests/exams if you sign up for a tutor or join a study group.
* Financial Aid Students receive free tutoring.
* Tutors are usually upperclassmen who received top grades in the courses they tutor.
* Find the “Request a Tutor” form, here.
* Study groups are offered for many introductory courses in math, econ, physics, etc.
* Study Groups meet 1.5 hours/week
* Non-Financial Aid students pay $30 to join a study group. Financial Aid students pay $10 to join a study group
* You may sign up online to join a Study Group online.
Apply to Be a Tutor!
If you have received an exemption or credit to Dartmouth in Math, Science, or Language courses, consider being a TUTOR!
* Tutors meet with their students for 3 hours/week.
* Tutors are paid $9/hour.
* For more information, see here.
Last Updated: 12/11/12