These freeze very well. Yield: about 60 cookies.
|2½ c||all-purpose flour|
|2/3 c.||sesame seeds|
|1½ tsp||baking soda|
|1 cup (2 sticks)||butter, softened|
|2 cups||packed brown sugar|
|1 cup||peanut butter (crunchy works well)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|½ tsp||ground nutmeg|
|1½ to 2 cups||toasted wheat germ|
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, seeds, and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed till fluffy.
- Add brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and nutmeg. Beat well on medium speed.
- Add flour mixture, beating on low speed until combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. (Dough can be sticky; you can refrigerate for a while before rolling into balls if you prefer.) Roll in wheat germ.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass (optional).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until brown on the bottom.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.