Skip to main content

J-1 Program Extensions

J Exchange Visitor Program Extension

Within the allowable program limits for each J category, it is possible to extend a program for J exchange visitors currently in the U.S. and sponsored by Dartmouth College. Eligibility for a program extension will depend on each individual's circumstances and program category.

In order to apply for an extension of the J program, J-1 students and scholars must submit the form "DS-2019 Extension Request" to the Office of Visa and Immigration Services. The form can be found here: DS-2019 Extension Request

Last Updated: 5/17/11