In addition to updating space and floor plans, we assist the Provost with the allocation of space among competing campus priorities, integrate space planning with campus-wide planning objectives, identify options for space efficiency to meet program priorities; and develop and implement space guidelines.
Make a Space Request
The process to request and obtain new space is as follows:
- School or department representative to review the request with an associate dean or VP to assure the need cannot be readily met within their existing space; complete a Space Request form or email: email@example.com
- Space Management team conducts analysis of how space needs align with available space, and makes recommendation to the Provost. If off-campus space is under consideration, employees in the Real Estate Office will help identify potential space.
- Provost makes final decision about space requestion.
Utilization and Fit Studies
To assure efficient and effective space use, space management is available to help departments:
- Assess their current space utilization, and consider improvements to layout or space assignment
- Figure out whether a potential space will fit the department’s needs
- Identify strategies for sequencing space moves
These studies offer a preliminary understanding of how the space might accommodate a group. The department or school may need to retain a professional architect to finalize drawings.
Space Guidelines assist with making sound decisions about space allocation and planning. These guidelines:
- apply to both new construction and renovations;
- are rooted in the principles of equity, efficency, flexibility, environmental sustainability, and synergy; and
- provide workspace size standards for offices, cubicles, and open desk spaces.