Scholarly Communication, Copyright, and Publishing Program
The Scholarly Communication, Copyright, and Publishing Program provides information, consultation, resources and events focusing on the current issues and opportunities in digital publishing and scholarship.
Resources we support:
- Development of the Dartmouth open access repository, Dartmouth Digital Commons (DDC)
- Resources for innovative digital publishing through a collaboration with Dartmouth Digital Publishing.
- Templates for Data Management Plans through a collaboration with the Office of Sponsored Projects and Research Computing.
- Scholarly Publishing & Communication Research Guide
- Scholarly Communication Lab blog
- Consultation for authors in negotiating publication contracts for journal articles, books and educational materials.
- Dartmouth's amendment to the transfer of copyright contracts with publishers: The Library offers faculty and student authors an amendment to the standard publishing contract that helps authors retain more rights to use, reuse and post their own material. You can modify the WORD amendment to suit your need to retain rights to any kind of published work.
- Copyright consultation, including the uses of Creative Commons licenses.
- Submit the Open Access Publishing Fund Form to request funding.
- If you are off-campus, please use the Word version of this form and email it to Jen Green, Digital Scholarship Librarian.
- The Dartmouth Open Access Publishing Fund allows the Library to help support payment of Article Publication Charges (APCs) for fully open access journals.
The Dartmouth Faculty Open Access Policy:
- The Dartmouth Faculty Open Access Policy (effective since 2015) was developed in collaboration with the Council on the Libraries and allows Dartmouth College to share faculty scholarship on Dartmouth Digital Commons.
- Ideas to Apples: an open access story, is an animation created by Lizzy Rogers (former Jones Memorial Digital Media Fellow) in collaboration with members of the Open Dartmouth Working Group to explain Dartmouth's open access policy and the important role that it plays in supporting innovation and progress in society.
Workshops and Events:
- Education and outreach programs, formal and informal, for individuals and departments on all aspects of scholarly publishing, including open access publishing, author rights and copy rights.
- Refer to the Scholarly Communication Lab blog for an updated list of upcoming workshops!
- Student Publishing Fair 1/18/18
- Events around campus during International Open Access Week. See Dartmouth Events for Open Access Week 2017!