Scholarly Communication, Copyright, and Publishing Program
The Scholarly Communication, Copyright, and Publishing Program provides information, consultation, resources and events focusing on the current issues and opportunities in digital publishing and scholarship
Dartmouth Open Access Week 2018, October 22-26th
Join Dartmouth College Library, The Scholarly Communication Copyright, and Publishing Program, and the Open Dartmouth Working Group this week as we celebrate Open Access Week 2018 through a variety of discussions, workshops, films, and other events focused on equitable access to open information and knowledge.
Jen Green, Digital Scholarship Librarian
Madeline Miller, Edward Connery Lathem '51 Digital Library Fellow
Contact Us and learn more about our services:
- Scholarly Publishing & Communication Research Guide: FAQs and links to key resources
- Dartmouth Digital Commons (DDC): Share your scholarly, research and educational materials
- Dartmouth Digital Publishing: information about digital publishing, including publishing of student-led journals and magazines
- Scholarly Communication Lab blog: current events and topics
Open Access Funding Opportunities:
- Submit the Open Access Publishing Fund Form to request funding.
- If you are off-campus, please use the Word version of this form and email it to Jen Green, Digital Scholarship Librarian.
- The Dartmouth Open Access Publishing Fund allows the Library to help support payment of Article Publication Charges (APCs) for fully open access journals.
- Assistance with publication contract negotiation for journal articles, books and educational materials.
- Guidance on how authors can retain more rights to use, reuses, and post their own material:
- Dartmouth Author Publication Agreement Amendment (WORD version, customize to your purposes)
- Dartmouth Author Publication Agreement Amendment (PDF)
- General copyright consultation, including the uses of Creative Commons licenses.
The Dartmouth Faculty Open Access Policy:
- The Dartmouth Faculty Open Access Policy (effective since 2015) was developed in collaboration with the Council on the Libraries and allows Dartmouth College to share faculty scholarship on Dartmouth Digital Commons.
- Ideas to Apples: an open access story, is an animation created by Lizzy Rogers (former Jones Memorial Digital Media Fellow) in collaboration with members of the Open Dartmouth Working Group to explain Dartmouth's open access policy and the important role that it plays in supporting innovation and progress in society.
Workshops and Events:
- Education and outreach programs, formal and informal, for individuals and departments on all aspects of scholarly publishing, including open access publishing, author rights and copy rights.
- Events around campus during International Open Access Week