Dartmouth History Links
- Chapman's Alumni Sketches, 1771 - 1867 contains entries for most graduates from the classes of 1771 through 1867, but does not include Dartmouth Medical School alumni, nor non-graduates of the undergraduate College. In most cases, Chapman was able to provide birth and death dates and places, parents, education and career information.
- A list of Dartmouth's Presidents
in chronological order with selected publications.
- A Transcription of the Dartmouth College Charter
The Frost Genealogical Research Collection contains information primarily on Hanover families ca. 1700 - 1930, and is the result of a lifetime of local genealogical research conducted by Dr. Gilman Frost. Dr. Frost transcribed information from tombstones in Hanover cemeteries (and in many neighboring towns, including Enfield and Lyme).
- A brief History Lesson
for Freshmen (ca. 1957) by Francis Lane Childs
Dartmouth Alumni Magazine, December, 1957.
- The lyrics to Dartmouth's Alma Mater with a history of the college song.
- A brief History of the Dartmouth Library
- Conducting Biographical and Genealogical Research in the Archives.
The following link to resources outside Special Collections.
Last Updated: 1/5/12