- Kresge Loan Periods
- Items We Lend Out
- Printing, Photocopying, and Scanning
- Course Reserves in Kresge
- Food & Drink in Kresge
- Group Study Room
- Kresge Hours
- Accessibility Services
- Lost & Found
Unbound Journals and Reference Books
Do not circulate. In library use only.
Books, CD-ROMS, and Theses
Undergraduates - 120 days
Graduate Students - 120 days
Faculty - 365 days
Dartmouth Staff - 120 days
Reserve Reading Loan Periods
2 hours, 4 hours, or 24 hours - depending on the class and professor
Reserve fines are $1.00 per hour during the regular term period and $5.00 per hour during reading and exam period.
Kresge Library has numerous items available for you to borrow.
USB Multi Chargers
DIY Electronic Kits
Arduino Uno Starter Kit
Raspberry Pi 3 Ultimate Starter Kit
Molecular Model Kit
USB Flash Drives
Group Study Room
Mac adapter for conference room projector
Remote control for conference room projector
Also available to loan are office supplies such as rulers, protractors, pens, pencils, highlighters, Wite-Out, glue sticks,and permanent markers.
If you’ve forgotten something or just don’t want to bother bringing yours with you, please ask for any of these items at the desk.
Kresge Library has a GreenPrint station that prints, photocopies and scans to email in your choice of either single- or double-sided and black-&-white or color. If you need assistance or have any questions about how to use GreenPrint, please ask at the Kresge circulation desk. For problems with GreenPrint call or email the Computing Help Desk (6-2999)
See Computing’s GreenPrint site for more information about GreenPrint, including locations of stations, FAQ, and information on updating drivers.
Kresge also has a flatbed Indus scanner with a monitor so you can create high-quality scanned images of articles and book chapters. Scans can be black-&-white or color. You can email scanned files, or save them to a USB flash drive. Scanning is free.
Use of the scanner and photocopier must comply with the Dartmouth College Information Technology Policy, Dartmouth College Copyright Policy and Guidelines, other policies of the College, and state and federal law.
Kresge Library manages course reserves for the physical sciences departments which include Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Studies, Geography, and Physics and Astronomy. Course reserve materials in Mathematics and Computer Science are handled by Baker-Berry Reserve Services, and can be found in Baker Reserves, in the Orozco Reading Room on the ground floor of Baker.
Faculty must submit their lists two to three weeks before the term begins in order for reserve materials to be available at the start of the term. Information about submitting reserve lists is sent to physical science faculty before the beginning of each term.
Print, media, and online materials appear in a single reserve list for each course in the Library Catalog. Materials that are available online can be accessed directly from the course reserve page. These online resources are available at any time, from any location, via a computer with Internet access.
To access Library course reserves within a Canvas site, select 'Library Reserves/Guides' from the navigation bar on the left of the Canvas site.
For more information, please see: Course Reserves for Faculty.
Drinks in covered, spill-proof containers are allowed. (Paper cups and cans are not spill-proof.) Small snacks are OK at the study tables. Computer workstations must be food-free. Please help keep Kresge Library clean by properly disposing of any food packaging and waste.
The Class of 1925 Learning Center in Kresge Library is available for use as a group study room whenever Kresge is open. The room provides seating at modular tables, white board and markers, wireless, and access to a projector. Ask at the circulation desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- All reservations should be made via online room booking.
- You may book up to one week in advance.
- Walk-in use by students is fine; however, students reserving the room online have priority, and walk-in users will have to vacate if someone reserves/has reserved the room.
- You may book the room for up to 3 hours at a time.
- If, after 15 minutes a group fails to appear, the reservation may be canceled and the room scheduled by another group.
- Maximum number of occupants is 6.
- Drinks in covered containers and snacks are allowed in the study rooms. Trash should be disposed of in the proper containers outside of the study room.
Graduate student TAs may book the room for an entire term (one hour per week per course) to hold weekly office hours with students in the course. To request a reservation for the term, grad student TAs should email email@example.com.
Regular hours during fall, winter and spring terms for Kresge Library are:
Monday - Thursday 8 am - 1 am
Friday 8 am - 8 pm
Saturday 11 am - 10 pm
Sunday 11 am - 1 am
Check Kresge Library Hours for summer term, intersession, and holiday hours.
The Cook Mathematics Collection hours are the same as Baker- Berry hours.
The Library’s mission is to provide equal access to all patrons within the Dartmouth community. See this page for general information about Dartmouth College Library Accessibility Services and the Library’s policy on service animals in the Library.
The Library assumes no responsibility for any lost items, but will take reasonable and appropriate measures to locate owners and to protect the safety of found items until claimed or turned over to Safety and Security.
VALUABLE items such as computers, cell phones, jewelry, backpacks, wallets, purses, ID and credit cards:
- Held at the Circulation Desk in a secure location until claimed or turned over to Safety and Security.
- Unclaimed valuable items are turned in to the Safety and Security office within approximately 24 hours. https://www.dartmouth.edu/~security/
- Unclaimed ID cards are turned into the Card office within approximately 24 hours https://www.dartmouth.edu/~dartcard/
Clothing, books, notebooks, food and drink containers, umbrellas and other non-valuable personal items:
- Held in the public Lost and Found bin across from the Circulation Desk
- Remain in the bin until claimed or taken to Safety and Security Office
- Taken to Safety and Security at the end of each academic term
Please contact the Circulation Desk or Safety and Security if you have questions regarding lost items:
- Kresge Library Circulation Desk: 646-3563
- Kresge Access Services Supervisor: 646-3840
- Dartmouth College Safety and Security: 646-4000