Saved Searches & Alerts
When logged into your Library Account, you can save searches to your Library Account for re-use at a later time.
You can also designate saved searches as alerts, which will notify you on a weekly basis of new items that have been added to the collections. Alerts are run every Monday and will only include new items that have been added to the Library's collections. If no new items are found by your alert strategy during a given week, you will not receive a notification.
Saved searches and alerts are available to Dartmouth students, faculty, and staff, as well as registered borrowers. It is necessary to have a Library Account to save searches and set up alerts.
- Use the "Account Login" link to log into your account. Please be sure to choose the Account Login link appropraite to your account status. The link is available on every page of the Dartmouth College Library Catalog.
- After you have logged into your account, do a search in the Catalog using the search box.
- After you have run a search and your results display, a button will appear, "Save Search for Email Alert." By clicking this button, the current search will be saved to your account.
Please note: When you click the "Save Search for Email Alert" button, the page will reload, but there is no confirmation message indicating that the search has been saved.
- When you have finished saving your searches, click on the "Back to Account" button.
- Under the heading, "Saved searches & email alerts," click on the button, "Get Alerts & Saved Searches. Your saved searches will display at the bottom of the page. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page in order to see them.
- To receive weekly email alerts for a particular saved search, check the box, "Mark for Email" and then click the "Update List" button.
To run a saved search, use the "Search" link to the right. Please note, this searches the Catalog, not the latest update.
- If you are not already logged into your account, use the "Account Login" link to enter your account.
- Once you are at your account, click on the Preferred Searches link that is located under the heading, "Saved searches & email alerts."
- To turn off a search alert, but still retain the saved search, uncheck the "Mark for email" box and click the "Update List" button.
- To delete a search or an alert, check the "Mark to Remove" box and click the "Update List" button. Please Note: It is important to use the "Update List" button. Using the "Remove All Searches" button will delete all your searches & alerts, regardless of how you marked them.
- To delete all your searches and alerts, simply click the "Remove All Searches" button. A confirmation dialog box will appear, asking you to confirm that you really want to delete all your searches and alerts.
Please contact a Reference Librarian for assistance.