Marketing & Communications Committee
This site is a resource for both the Dartmouth College Library Marketing & Communications Committee (MCC) and all College Library staff. It is intended to help coordinate and facilitate marketing and communication for the Dartmouth College Library, including public relations, advertising, promotion, and outreach. This site is also intended to provide information and resources to assist with the planning, development, and production of promotional products, events, and activities for the library with other library groups and departments. Please note that this site is under continuous development by the MCC, which welcomes your comments, suggestions, and feedback.
Marketing and Communications Committee Charge:
The purpose of the Marketing & Communications Committee [MCC] is to promote awareness of the Dartmouth College Library among the various user groups within the Dartmouth community and to gain greater recognition for the library's initiatives and innovations with a broader external audience. The MCC develops expertise and ideas to assist the various components of the library in marketing products and services.
To fulfill this charge, the Marketing Committee will:
- Coordinate and facilitate marketing and communication for the DCL. This includes public relations, advertising, promotion, and outreach.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for the Library that will increase visibility and support of library services, collections, staff and events. Maintain a calendar of important dates in the academic year for marketing activities, and assess when to use resources such as ALA marketing materials, National Library Week and other special dates [Banned Books week, Black History month, etc.] to further the library's message.
- Provide advice and coordinate the planning, development, and production of promotional products, events and activities for the library with other library groups and departments. Establish a consistency in communication methods and style.
- Identify and develop the broad messages and themes to use in marketing to various constituencies of the library. Keep staff informed of marketing activities and goals.
- Serve as liaison to other college publicity groups and venues including: Public Affairs, Dartmouth Now, The Dartmouth, events calendar, Alumni Relations, DHMC.
- Develop guidelines and policies for the Staffweb
- Be a resource for branding new resources and services offered by the DCL.
- In cooperation with the Staff Development and Training Committee, review and make recommendations regarding recruitment materials.
- Monitor developments in marketing.
Reports to: Education & Outreach