Meeting: Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Present: Kathy O’Neill, Jan Peltzer (recorder,) Lynn Amber
Committee members discussed the Finance Committee’s section of the DCLSA website. The only suggested change would be to add a link within the description of the Finance Committee that would take the reader to the Finance Committee’s minutes. Kathy will contact Marcia Pirone to see if this is possible.
The Finance Committee would like to write up documentation which will include the items listed below:
- Describe how new members are appointed and the term served. At the next board meeting, Kathy O’Neill will ask the DCLSA board for input on this matter.
- Appointment: The Chair will request suggestions from the DCLSA board in June. The President will invite the new member to join the group. The new and previous members will meet during the month of July to make the transition.
- Term: A suggestion was made that the two appointed members (not the Treasurer or Vice President) have alternating terms and serve for two years. The member at large would become the Chair of the committee once the Chair’s term is completed.
- Review Treasurer’s Report before the monthly DCLSA meeting keeping in mind known future expenditures and also discuss any expenditure requests.
- Serve as a double check to insure the non-profit tax form has been filed.
Kathy O’Neill will see if a manual exists for the Treasurer and if not work with Peggy Sleeth to develop a statement explaining the procedures.
The committee members reviewed the Treasurer’s report for the month of September with regards to the known expenditures including the Halloween baskets, the accounting fee and filing fee for a non-profit and looking ahead, the Holiday party.