Begin: 10:15 a.m.
Approve Minutes - Passed on unanimous vote
- Communication high priority
- DCLSA Blitz account being used for official communication
- Liaisons are there for staff to make issues known
- President wants to promote involvement
- Executive meetings are occurring regularly
- Executive Committee has drafted changes to the Welfare Committee guidelines in the Constitution
- Potluck lunch program being established
- Starting in January 2004
- Held in Baker-Berry Staff Room
- Proposed time of 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Not presented due to illness, but available on the web (restricted)
- Five Grants given over the last year
- Last years Activities:
- Spent $1500
- Two Babies recognized
- Fourteen Illnesses recognized
- 21 Deaths recognized
- Web site: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dclsa/welfare.shtml
- Request to communicate employee family events so they can be recognized
- Scheduled for November 21, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Held at Collis Common Grounds
- Set up at 7:30 a.m.
- Clean up 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Bake Sale volunteers should contact Barb Kreiger
- Twenty-Seven crafters signed up to sell, 6 of which are new to the sale (usually average 25-30)
- Poster available for advertising in your area or town
- Volunteers need to contact Barb with the exact time they will be able to help
- Holiday Party coming up
- Can be held in Collis or Baker-Berry Main Hall/1902 Room
- Two comments from staff supporting Collis
- Vote to hold at Collis passes with no dissent
- Still need volunteers for Cleanup Committee
- Volunteers for decorating needed (Collis will handle basic setup, tables, etc)
Programs Report - Tabled
- Adam Vivian – Records Management
Anniversary Awards (people left out due to changes in recording)
- Roberta Jo Anderson – 10 years
- Carol Magenau – 10 years
- Brian Markee – 10 years
- Lisa Maxfield – 20 years
- Fran Oscadal – 20 years
- Proposed changes read
- Constitution change passes on unanimous vote
- What is Program Committee? Who’s on it? What do they do?
- Phyllis Gilbert is Program Chair
- No activity since “Beam Me Up Scotty” last spring
- Could DCLSA Meetings include an address by the administration?
- Could be considered….
- DCLSA did bus trip to Boston Flower Show in the past, could we consider hosting some kind of activity like this, shopping or something else?
- Executive Group has been discussing a bus trip to Boston for shopping - Have been waiting to find out about legal issues - Just heard that legal issues not a problem, provide the trip is properly planned and transportation is chartered
Adjourn: 10:45 a.m.