January 26, 2011
Present: Sarah Thompson, Jeremy Klockars, Danelle Sims, Colleen Frakes, Goodie Corriveau, David Sandberg, Lynn Amber, Christine Simms (recorder)
- Holiday Party feedback: the Library Admin office was very happy with it. The only negative feedback we received was on the volume of the band (too loud).
- Most of our major events are over now. The Craft Fair was about level for funds raised. For next year, we’d like to see more people attend – we’re looking for ideas on how to do that. Can we get DA$H involved? Advertise in student dorms?
- Jeremy Klockars has filled in as Member-at-Large for Melissa Hutson.
- No more to say beyond above discussion.
Archive Committee – Lynn Amber
- We received some old bulletins/library newsletters from the 80s. Danelle Sims has scanned them. Building the Archive is a big project but important and valuable to the institution. In this line, David would like to see mini-manuals crafted that can be passed to successors for each committee chair.
Program Committee – Goodie Corriveau
- King Arthur Flour event. Still waiting to hear back; we’re getting passed around a little. The event will probably be delayed until mid-March (17th, 22nd or 24th)
Welfare Committee – Julie McIntyre (absent, report by David Sandberg)
- Four flower orders: 1 death and 3 surgeries.
Social Committee – Sarah Thompson
- Holiday Party info: we were only a little over-budget, in part because Bloods came down in price to meet us. We did the decorations differently, starting with an inventory and weeding out old decorations and then developing a plan beforehand. It went really fast/well. Location for next year is up for discussion: Tower? Outing Club?
- Up Next: Maybe a card-marking party for February, since King Arthur probably won’t be pulled together by then. Also looking at Spring baskets sometime (whenever there’s an open month).
- The Programming Schedule was brought back up. David later emailed the link:
Treasurer’s Report – Peggy Sleeth (absent, report by David)
- Summary update: Will distribute report via email.
- The IRS paperwork has been submitted but no word yet.
Webpage – Marcia Pirone (absent, report by David)
- Things are fine and the website is keeping up with new information.
Marketing Committee – Cheryl Wheelock (absent)
- No report.
Finance Committee –Jan Peltzer (absent)
- The Finance Cmt. is looking for a third person to replace Kathy O’Neill.
Scholarship Committee – Danada Dinsmore (absent)
- No report.
- Annual E-Report: David would like to start an annual 2-3 page newsletter to DCLSA members, published annually, to market activities to members and for posterity. Ideally it would be ready for the Spring Meeting. David will spearhead the project with anyone else who is interested in helping.
- David issued a challenge to the DCLSA Board to think outside the box and come up with new ideas for what the DCLSA could do. Approval of December 2010 minutes
- Minutes approved by vote.