DCLSA Archives (Barb Kriger)
- Some records currently located in Rauner, starting with papers that deal with the beginning idea of forming a staff association
- Very early on interests included salary range/work week issues (papers include questionnaires), shows the changing focus
- The way the officer who gave the records arranged things is the current order
- Lacking reports (committees), currently have more flyers, etc. Would like to collect more policies, procedures, meeting minutes, reports (from committees, programs that have separate meetings), etc.
- Digital records? Until a campus wide system is in place, prefer paper. If we have a disc, it can be loaded onto the server or be printed out on archival paper
- Campus departments go through Record Management who then transfers items to Rauner, since we are a small organization, OK to just send to Barb
- File format: record copy should not be modifiable, therefore PDF is best
- Don't want active records, i.e. documents we use and refer to frequently (constitution, policies, etc.)
- Put on website (photo section?): some older info currently in Rauner, scan older docs, photos, posters?
- Can dictate our “series” to organize documents (minutes, finance, tec.)
- Should we have a records liaison or archive committee? Add to agenda for next meeting, Melissa Hutson offered to chair or help, Matt Agnoli volunteered to help with scanning
Marketing (Michelle Lee)
- No news
- Upcoming: Spring Meeting
Welfare (Cheryl for Julie McIntyre)
- Recognized one illness and one birth
- Hanover Inn Buffet: very well received and attended
- Small issue with one student signing up through Facebook, need to be aware of how events are worded in the future
- Greenhouse Tour on 4/22
- 9 people total (8 had never been to the greenhouses before)
- Next: May 13th Simulation Lab at DHMC, 11:30 or noon
- Will be sending the announcement next week, will mention Advanced Transit info
- One $40 for health and fitness for the current term
- Tend to get more requests at beginning of summer term because that is when Dartmouth Gym memberships renew
- If site is password protected, we can't search it with Google
- Just authenticate some parts? (Other college association sites financial info was protected)
- We would most want to be able to search the meeting minutes, so we should separate out what we want to be able to search while protecting other info
- But: financial bits are included in some minutes
- Want to make sure we are presenting financial info in the proper context
- Would be very easy to separate out financial documents and password protect (just docs with figures, not mission statements)
- Annual reports with the Treasurer's annual report protected as well? YES
- Photo album also protected
Craft Fair (Danelle)
- Reserved Alumni Hall for the Friday before Thanksgiving
- Started contacting artists
- Social Committee: event(s) to get people together to bake/craft items?
- Bake sale: individual plus whole (cakes, pies) items
Social Committee (Sarah)
- Will be calling Ben & Jerry's for Spring Meeting
- Need to assemble baskets, Lou's or Dartmouth Dining Services (DDS) for muffins
- Number of people in departments will dictate number of baskets
- Muffins plus DCLSA promotional materials, elections are coming up
- May 4, 5, 6 (Tues-Thurs) week before elections (elections start the 12th)
- Lou's: assorted $1.70 each, approx 180 muffins (170 employees). $306 plus tax plus $15 delivery.
- “Earth” muffin $2.35 each, dietary friendly
- DDS: 17 dozen approx. $300, don't deliver, no tax if we use chart string account
- Keep it simple, gesture & DCLSA promotion are what is important
- Bag of apples to distribute among baskets?
- Assemble Monday evening (May 3rd)
- Karen MacPhee, Jan Peltzer, Melissa Hutson volunteer to help deliver. Also ask dept. liaisons?
Treasurer (Cheryl for Barb Bushor)
- $6,873.50 in checking
- $58.92 in savings
- March balance: $8,176.05
- April balance: $6,932.45
- Hanover Inn: $1,034.25
- $1,243.63 difference between March and April balance includes some of Hanover Inn expense
- Can expect to spend $1,100 by July for retirements using the list of people retiring and the matrix on the website
Finance Committee (Kathy O'Neil)
- Currently discussing what their charge and goals are
- Possibility of term limits for the Treasurer? Two years with no consecutive terms? Currently no limit
- Should there be an assistant treasurer, or is it not too difficult to get a new person up to speed?
- Has the Treasurer's role changed? Looking at this because Dartmouth is changing in terms of finances
- Formalize the procedures of the Treasurer, make it easier to have someone new step in
- Co-signing of checks, who's responsibility?Next step: Spring Meeting? E-mail vote?
- Next step: Spring Meeting? E-mail vote?
- Attach meeting minutes with DCLSA minutes
- Keep files with Treasurer, archive at some point
- Add finance committee to Constitution/Bylaws? Because the issue of money is an important one