- November meeting minutes approved
- No news
Welfare Committee (Cheryl for Julie McIntyre)
- Two acknowledgements: 1 death, 1 illness
- HOP needs to find someone to lead the backstage tour, still waiting for information
- One since October for $40.
Web Committee (Karen)
- We need to let Marcia know when something specifically needs to posted, she needs to know when is the right time to post different things
- Authenticate for certain documents? Can do this, need to let Marcia know which ones
Treasurer (Sylvia for Barb Bushor)
- Expenses since last meeting:
- $260 cash for social committee paper products (Holiday Party)
- Deposit of $1563.96 from craft fair
Craft Fair (Danelle, also see attached summary)
- 31 volunteers total
- Vendor fee raised from $10 to $25
- Every item at the bake table sold
- Have an event pre-fair to make stuff for the craft table?
- Better way to market to students? Ask students what would be useful, we can always do more in marketing
- Get more people to help out with planning or certain aspects such as: raffle (need someone to run it), signage, marketing, etc.
- Ask vendors if they want to donate one item for a raffle
- Music received positive comments
Social Committee (Sylvia)
- Holiday Party:
- Will have an actual lunch this year
- Menu: DDS and Blood's catering: baked ham, alfredo vegetarian lasagna, Swedish meatballs, brandy glazed carrots, rolls. Coffee, tea, cocoa, punch, clementines and chocolate candies
- We are under budget at this point
- Not very many signed up to bring desserts
- Should we get some veggie trays? Need to get paper products, coffee, and punch stuff
- Cheryl: should ask volunteers what exactly they plan to bring so we know what else we need
- Retirees invitations sent last week
Spending Guidelines Continued
- Trimmed some suggested amounts to put money in contingency fund
- Contingency: set aside to support other activities (for example, may need more Welfare one year)
- Won't be cummulative
Breakroom Guidelines (also see attached guidelines)
- Now have a written document, left general
- Tangible items (not necessarily disposable)
- Coffee pots, plates (non-disposable), not food...
- Can't spend the money on just anything
- Not cleaning supplies, originally you could??
- Don't spend the money on that now
- Form a committee to approve purchases so that it isn't the responsibility of the Treasurer?
- Spending/Finance Committee? Cover all spending, not just breakrooms?
- Get pressure off Treasurer for decisions
- Need examples of tangible items in guidelines? “If any questions contact...” Don't want it to be seen as a list