Cheryl Wheelock, Marilyn Milham, Barb Bushor, Danada Dinsmore, Colleen Frakes, Dave Sandberg, Joyce Thurston, Marianne Densmore, Karen MacPhee, Goodie Corriveau, Melissa Hutson (Recorder)
- October meeting minutes approved
- Diversity Committee: Kwanzaa celebration Dec. 14th, 2-4pm
- Food and film
- No news, Cheryl will check in with Michelle
Welfare Committee (Goodie for Julie McIntyre)
- No activity since last meeting
- Julie needs mailing, street address (if different), and home phone number in order to have items delivered
- Liaisons need to provide this information
- 11/11: Photography of Cuba with Virginia Beahan, had 16 participants
- Next: Part 2 of Backstage at the HOP, still no date, hoping for it to happen during intersession
- 6 health, 1 academic, approx. $440 total
Treasurer's Report (Barb)
- Dartmouth College account: $982.54; Service checking: $6,130.98; Service savings: $2,063.66; $9,177.18 total.
- From October through today: -$17.46 postage; -$440 scholarships; -$25.00 craft fair deposit refund; +$750.00 craft fair deposits
- DC account: funds run through fiscal year, this is money we receive from the library. If we leave anything in, at the end of the year it gets taken back
- Service checking: money left over goes here.
- Service savings: need both to have an account at Service Credit Union
Craft Fair (Marilyn)
- Have volunteers for throughout the day
- Sent out posters to departments
- Received responses for items to fill the bake sale table
- Put posters up all over town, still need to do Hanover Co-op, Dan & Whit's
- Started D2U advertising today, there will be another next week
- Valley News, WNNE TV, will put an ad in The D for the day before
- Mandolin player (college employee) volunteered to play
Social Committee (Marianne)
- Invite mandolin player to play at the Holiday Party?
- It will be Dec. 17th 12-2 in the 1902 room
- Calls into caterers: Stinsons, Lyme Country Store
- Hot ham/roast beef, side dishes, appetizers, ask staff to bring desserts, etc.
- Will do another hat/mitten drive along with food drive (both people and pet)
- Retirees list from main office for invitations
- Used to send invitations to new employees (started within the last year) to promote DCLSA
- Electronic invite from DCLSA President
Spending Guideline: $100 per breakroom (continued from last meeting)
- Do we want to have money set aside for this?
- Do we need guidelines for how the money is used, or should we be more flexible?
- We should have something on the webpage describing this fund, like we do for the scholarships and welfare
- Not everyone attends DCLSA events, but everyone likes having a breakroom
- Guidelines should be sent to liaisons so they know the money is there
- Barb: the fund was originally set for maintenance (maintenance = appliances in main staff room, no food)
- Originally, the yearly money was given to us on the condition that we maintained the Baker kitchen
- If we no longer need to do this, then the guidelines for breakrooms may have changed
- We don't buy supplies for Baker now
- Should we save the money for things that are harder for staff to bring in from home? We have an opportunity now to change things
- Cheryl: prefer to spend the fund on tangible items
- Barb: it was originally never intended that the money would be spent every year
- The whole staff voted it in, may want to ask staff if we open up guidelines
- No record of past policy, that is why we need guidelines now
- Barb: never written a check for over $100, never had anything submitted for over $100
- Topic to be continued...
Additional minutes taken by David Sandberg:
Cheryl reported small changes in the accounting - 57 dollars for an artist was pulled out of welfare and put in program line. Cheryl removed 2006-2007 from the record.
Question about authenticating certain documents we do not want to widely share. Decide in a later meeting about this.
Will find out from Marcia Pirone whether individual docs can be protected. We will ask her and then decide if it is necessary to do this.