Karen MacPhee, Danada Dinsmore, Marcia Pirone, Michelle Lee, Marianne Densmore, Melissa Hutson (Recorder)
Social Committee (Marianne)
- Tuesday June 16th: EBA's lunch, representative from MFLB, etc. can order pizza to take back
- add to tab, we pay for it at the end
- simple poster in staff room (Michelle)
- Spring Meeting: June 18th, 1902 Room
- Ice cream? Ben & Jerry's set up everything, it's cheap and easy. Have outside after meeting?
- Breakfast baskets? In July? Work with Goodie and programming?
- Survey: people want more social events
- Three $40, one $120, all health and fitness
- Most requests second week of July, gym membership renewal for the year
- Calendar is a Google calendar
- Made minutes searchable, converted to HTML
- Added blurbs on committees
- Add photo album?
- Scan old DCLSA photos?
- Department photos?
- Listserv option for Board and liaisons
- Listserv can go to email or you can see posts through the website
- Add a “Resources” page?
- Links to other important information: employee discount info, After Hours program, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Contest to decide what picture to put on front page
- People in favor of social events
- Maybe work closer with Staff Development Committee to do more education suggestions
- International potluck is a good idea
- Summer Picnic
- Sponsor a lunch
- Use Baker Bowl (nice tables)
- Have drink containers, cheap to fill
- For example: every other Tuesday bring a lunch and socialize
- Ask Brenda if there are issues with using this space
- Next meeting, take ideas we really like and assign them to groups and people who want to do them
- More advertising about who we are and what we do, there seems to be a little confusion