Cheryl Wheelock, Karen MacPhee, Danelle Sweeney, Marilyn Milham, Goodie Corriveau, Barb Bushor, Marianne Densmore, Julie MacIntyre, Danada Dinsmore, Sylvia Wilcox, Marcia Pirone, Melissa Hutson (Recorder)
- February meeting minutes approved.
Craft Fair (Danelle, Marilyn)
- Alumni Hall, no charge for room just charge for union guys to set-up and take down. Estimate about $200.00.
- Going to Norwich to pick up tables adds $5-700.00 ($3.15 per table)
- Still negotiating, some vendors have their own tables and do their own set-up, try to reduce cost of table estimate.
- Other issues: need to ok food (bake sale stuff) with the Hanover Inn since the whole building is catered by the Inn
- Better space than Collis, better signage, can fir 44 tables which equals more vendors
- Collis = $620.00 and is still tentatively booked
- Last year after expenses took in approx. $1800.00 with approx. $500.00 coming from the raffle
Social Committee (Sylvia, Marianne)
- Baskets of muffins, donuts? Been done before, needs to be better organized
- Save $ for awards banquet
- EBA's again? Yes, also send pizzas to MFLB and others. Need to pick a day, classes end June 9th.
- Spring Meeting June 18th.
Treasurer's Report (Barb)
- 602.15 in college account, $1438.57 in checking, $4055.51 in savings (approx. $6041.00)
- Still getting $7000.00 July 1st.
- Survey: how to spend money, what does staff want?
- Whatever we offer, person has to get permission from manager to attend functions, need to be aware of this.
- Danada: team up with Staff Development to buy books for reading groups? No, advertise that this is what we already do through the scholarship fund (if an individual needs a book)
- Advertise what it covers better
- 5 fall: 4 athletic, 1 academic
- 1 spring
- Should come up with a rough budget at some point just to know how much goes out
Welfare Committee (Julie)
- 1 family death, 1 staff illness
Program Committee (Goodie)
- Baseball game, regular season home games mostly free
- Tuesday April 28th playing Hartford, first week of May possibly hosting the Ivy League Championships
Web Committee (Marcia)
- Nothing to report
- Link fixed to access results and nominations
- Ask for help on nominating committee
- Member at Large for 1 year, two others expiring
Staff Departure Policy Review
- DCLSA can donate $ to a party but don't plan (responsibility of department)
- Not everyone is aware of this or asking for it, how to make it more well known?
- Get list from HR, wait for liaison to ask?
- Some people don't want a party
- Can someone other than department request the $? Right now it's completely up to the department
- Leaving may not always be friendly/happy
- Responsibility of Board to follow up? Ok for DCLSA to offer help?
- Should we educate the liaisons better? Supply a fact sheet on what liaison does and make sure they know what they do? May put liaisons in a difficult position as it is more the responsibility of department manager to decide to have a party or get a gift
- Does it always have to be initiated from the department?
- Are there confidentiality issues with Brenda Delaney letting us know when someone is leaving? (Brenda is on the Board)
- Can we contact person who is leaving, ask if they want a gift?
- Policy is set up for the department to do something, so we should educate managers and leave it up to the department head
- May not be politically correct to be involved with someone outside of department decision.
- Make Lora Thompson aware of policy so she can share it with managers and let them know this option is available.