Jamie Dalton, Cheryl Wheelock, Brenda Delaney, Barb Krieger, Goodie Corriveau, Michelle Lee, Marianne Densmore, Lisa Maxfield, Melissa Hutson (Recorder)
- September minutes approved
Craft Committee (Barb Krieger)
- DCLSA Archives: few files dealing with the organization and planning (getting started)
- Minimal flyers, posters, bulk equals meeting minutes
- Earliest stuff from 1950's
- Combine bake and craft table, one table should be plenty
- Drop off stuff that morning or give to Marianne the night before
- Advertised on Valley News and Spectator web calendars, VOX, Dartmouth events, It's Classified, will add to D2U
- Anonymous donor paid Collis fee ($420)
Social Committee (Marianne Densmore)
- Holiday Party will be Dec. 17th or 18th
- Budget? What is it?
- Suggestions for the event?
- Tower Room: less conducive to socializing and eating
- 1902 is an option, can we move tables?
Programs (Goodie Corriveau)
- Raffle is moving along, tickets are made and distributed
- Halloween get together: need help with refreshments
- Michelle volunteered to make a cake
- Judges and prizes?
- Lindt chocolate? $5 Dirt Cowboy gift card?
- Three categories: funny, scary, unique
Welfare (Goodie for Julie McIntyre)
- 3 flowers: 1 death, 2 births
Marketing (Michelle Lee)
- Nothing new to report
- Michelle did the design for the raffle poster
- Can we get a Wiki? Ask Web Committee if that would work better than a website.
- Budget? Look at last year, talk to Barb Bushor
- Venue: Tower Room not ideal?
- Crowded, seating not ideal
- Lunch instead of finger foods? More real food rather than sweets.
- Afternoon with appetizers and desserts? Lean toward lighter fare/appetizers, much easier to deal with both set-up and budget wise
- Later in the day is nice
- Novak is an option, has nice round tables, but big
- 1902: can't move tables
- Final opinion: Tower Room, late afternoon, staff donate desserts, appetizers from Co-op or somewhere
- More ideas: hire a student to “cater”? Pay them to help out with drinks and food
- light music in background? Ask Dan Weintraub (speakers)
- Set up food in different areas instead of one central location
- Usually too hot, bring in fans? Windows do open, ask Wendell if there is a way to regulate heat
- Needs more Holiday spirit: ornament swap, mitten tree, humane society donations?