Cheryl Wheelock, Goodie Corriveau, Danada Dinsmore, Pat Morris, Joyce Thurston, Sylvia Wilcox, Michelle Lee, Melissa Hutson (Recorder)
- August meeting minutes approved
Treasurer Report (Joyce Thurston for Barb Bushor)
- $600 left in our account
- $6500 new for the coming year. Goes to: Holiday party, craft fair, awards, scholarships, and Spring event.
- Switched account from Ledyard to the credit union at the hospital. Ledyard started charging $12 a month.
Social Committee (Sylvia Wilcox)
- Awards banquet went well
- Spent $1253 on food (Co-op), $366 frames, gift certificates, paper products, and drinks, $60 on decorations
- Holiday Party is next, no plans so far, Brenda has booked the Tower Room for December 18th (Thurs. week before break).
- Desserts or a meal?
- Catered by Co-op? Light meal and have people bring desserts?
- Cheryl will e-mail board and liaisons for opinions.
Program Committee (Goodie Corriveau)
- There was no Summer tour
- Raffle: ask liaisons to sell tickets in their departments?
- Drawing will be at the Craft Fair, 1st prize: $50 Blue Sky gift card, 2nd prize: $35 gas card, 3rd prize: L.L. Bean tote.
- Tickets: $1 each, 6 for $5.
- Halloween Party? (Halloween is on a Friday this year)
- Provide small refreshments
- Costume contest?
- Hold in staff break room around 11:00am.
Scholarships (Danada Dinsmore)
- 8 total for Summer, 2 for Fall (both $40), all for health & fitness
Welfare (Goodie Corriveau for Julie McIntyre)
- 2 bouquets: 1 birth and 1 death
Craft Fair (Cheryl Wheelock for Barb Kreiger)
- 27 people signed up, mostly returning vendors
- 2 tables set aside for DCLSA
- Will have posters ready by the end of October, will need volunteers as the day gets closer
- Fair is Friday November 21, 10:00-4:00
Marketing (Michelle Lee)
- DCLSA archives in Rauner?
- Mailed invitations to retirees and awardees for awards banquet
Website Committee (Michelle Lee)
- Has not met yet
- DCLSA to take a cleaning rotation as well? Survey 8:7 no.
- Already clean up after ourselves when we use it for DCLSA events
- Hasn't been cleaned by FO&M in a long time, seen as personal space
- Equitable issue of distribution between departments vs. # of people in each department
- Need support of department heads to make this happen
- Library staff voted to stop cleaning, so it is no longer DCLSA's responsibility to make sure it's done
- Touch base with Brenda, waiting for new “official list” (Access Services was listed three times, now listed once)
- Pay someone to clean again, but less, $30/month instead of $60? Check it once a month?
- Re-visit at the end of the year and bring up at Spring Meeting again?
Goals (Cheryl Wheelock)
- Constitution almost done
- Job descriptions: can proceed without Karen MacPhee and get info from people on board
- Coordinate with other programs (After Hours, etc.)?
- No, do our own thing
- Goals coming along nicely, proceed further when Karen returns, start thinking about job descriptions, no timeline to get it done.
- December: both Cheryl and Karen out
- How to fill Karen's responsibilities while she's out
- Constitution: VP shall officiate, but what if both are out?
- Karen (e-mail): fill temporary position like we would a permanent one?
- Past President to step in after VP?
- Seems to be the best option, person is already familiar
- If no past President, default to executive board?