Cheryl Wheelock, Danada Dinsmore, Brenda Delaney, Joyce Thurston, Sylvia Wilcox, Lisa Maxfield, Melissa Hutson(Recorder)
- Meeting minutes from July approved with the following changes:
* Danada is not writing all of the DCLSA “job description”
* May have each member write their own description of what they do
Treasurer (Joyce Thurston)
- $2500.00 in account now, need to save some for scholarship fund
- $15-1600.00 needed for awards banquet
- Barb Bushor is coming back to work on August 28
Social (Sylvia Wilcox)
- Co-op catered awards banquet last year, should have a quote for this year by this morning
- Changing menu slightly this year, last year there were too many wraps and not enough salad (planned for 125 people), this year less wraps & more salad
- Need to add tables for food to 1902 room
- 15 awards being given out
- Holiday Party: no room reserved yet (was on Dec. 13th last year)
- work with Marianne Densmore to figure out a date
- keep it in the Tower Room? Thurs. Dec. 12th? (Too close to All-Staff Meeting?)
Scholarships (Danada Dinsmore)
- Summer: 6 total, all health & fitness.
- 3 for $40, 2 for $120, 1 for just under $40, total approximately $280.
Marketing (Cheryl Wheelock)
- Michelle Lee is sending out personal invites to awardees
- Will make posters to advertise the event, put in satellite libraries as well
- Done by Cheryl Wheelock, Karen MacPhee, Danada Dinsmore. Lisa Ladd helped with input.
- Handed out in meeting, left column is old constitution (red = deleted words), right column is new constitution (green = added wording)
- Suggestions welcome
- Will be voted on eventually
Baker Berry Staff Kitchen (brought up by Brenda Delaney)
- Kitchen is still an issue, especially the fridge and freezer
- Cherie Burns is still working on a cleaning schedule, but departments haven't been open to the ideas, departments don't want to be responsible
- Suggest get kitchen cleaned, then hand over to department rotations
- Post schedule and checklist in kitchen
- Instead of $720 to clean kitchen, spend a little as a thank you? (might turn into a whole other mess)
- Lock for a couple cupboards for DCLSA stuff?