Miguel A. Valladares, Sean Padgett, Barb Bushor, Melissa Young, Karen MacPhee, Nancy Markee, Goodie Corriveau, Art Hanchett, Jill L. Wilcox, Phyllis M. Gilbert
Brought to order: 2:10 pm
news about the Crafts Fair (Barb could not make it to the meeting).
- Everything seems to be going O.K.
- Nov. 22 (Friday before thanksgiving)
- The names on the webpage have been updated.
planning the fall LSA meeting
- Need to give 2 weeks notice to have the meeting, and Collis is no longer available to us in-term
- Plan to have the meeting on Nov. 19th (18th as secondary time).
- Look at Rockefeller and Tindle lounge.
- Time will depend (ultimately) on room availability. We will look at 10 am for a time.
- Talk to John about introducing new staff and invite Richard.
- We will also look into having juice and water, not just coffee and tea for the meeting.
planning for the December Holiday Party
- Still location TBA, but looking at the 1902 room with spillover into the hallway
- Date: Dec. 13th.
- Still trying to figure out the orientation of the serving stations. Maybe have food in the center and open areas around the outside with some seating and places to mingle.
- We will find out how many tables are coming back to the 1902 room and how many we should be able to fit there.
- If the 1902 room is too small, we may look at the reserve corridor.
- The Hanover Inn wouldn’t work because the inn has exclusivity of catering.
- Bare bones catering will do the food.
- If the 1902 room does not have furniture again, we can get tables from F,0&M
- We will send out 230 invites, but that many never comes (we average 200).
- We will have a meal (not just appetizers).
- We will need
- People for setup - Decorators
- Do online signups for desserts.
- Entertainment? - Last year we didn’t have space for live entertainment.
-This year we will look at having a cd of music
- Should we do gifts?
- it is suggested that we just do wreaths and Table decorations.
- but if we don’t spend money we lose it.
- should we do gift certificates instead of gifts?
- We will have another meeting before the party, but just after the craft fair to do the final planning.
- Committees will handle the micro bits of planning. Jill will form the committees.
- Should we have it after hours?
- Overall it seems we shouldn’t
- We have money, but doing things after hours would be to complex.
- Committee leaders will be established before the fall meeting so that people can be recruited at the meeting.
- We will try to meet the week of the 25th.