Nancy Markee, Miguel A. Valladares, Julie P. McIntyre, Eric Alstrom, Goodie Corriveau, Phyllis M. Gilbert, Sean Padgett, Jill L. Wilcox
Brought to order: 2:08 pm
- Marcia Pirone will be the Kresge rep.
- Derika Avery has resigned as Member at Large
- Miguel will talk to the 3rd runner up from the last election about serving out her term.
- Mimi Curphey has retired, so we need a new rep from reference
- Mary Ann Mousley is leaving, so a new rep is needed from her department.
- A new person is needed to cover Sandborn
- The reference person will cover Sandborn
- Liaisons need to be reminded of their duties (perhaps a job description should be sent out to all members of the board?)
- Phyllis will send out the new descriptions.
- A list will be created on Blitz to make it easier for people to contact the DCLSA and for us to contact each other.
- Miguel will take care of it.
Discuss plans for upcoming Awards Banquet (Jill Wilcox)
- In pretty good shape. The banquet will be the 5th of September at Collis.
- Flowers will be ordered soon.
- We will order less coffee than last year.
- Notices and adverts will be sent this afternoon.
- Could use setup help (around 11:30) and breakdown at the end.
Discuss new policy about when is the exact moment a library employee celebrates his/her anniversary at Dartmouth.
- We can get the dates from personnel?
- Personnel takes care of the years of service to the college, we celebrate years of service to the library, so that wouldn’t work.
- Should we work with the calendar year as well?
- Part of the confusion may be because the date of the lunch has slipped later and later each year.
- Keeping track of the time is difficult for people who have served and then left and come back.
- We will do calendar year.
Upcoming events: (report from Barb Krieger about Craft Fair)
- E-mail enclosure from Miguel.
- Where will we have it?
- Could have it in the tower room with a more appetizer menu, and not need as much of a setup.
- Table in front of each fireplace, and punch in the center.
- Could we have it in the 1902 room?
- Fri Dec. 13th will be the party (2nd Friday in December)
- Phyllis said we can use Webster.
Meeting ends: 3:20