- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions,chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans) drain, reserving half the liquid
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- ½ cup of diced green chilies or 1 7-ounce can diced green chilies
- 3 Cups of diced fresh tomatoes or 2 cans diced tomatoes
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional tomato paste
1.Heat the oil in the pan, add the onions/garlic/pepper and spices.
Cook about 5 minutes, then add the chicken.
Saute about 7-10 minutes, then add all the other ingredients except for the cheese and cilantro.
Cook for about 15-20 minutes, serve with cheese and cilantro.