- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 med. onion diced (~1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot grated (~$DF cup)
- 1 small hot pepper minced or $DE tsp cayenne pepper)
- 2 cups corn
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1$DF cup cheese (mix of shredded Monterey jack or cheddar cheese and cream cheese)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 6" flour tortillas (can use whole wheat)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
In a medium sized sauté pan, sauté onion in oil until it starts to soften. Add carrot and garlic and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Mix in all remaining ingredients, except cheese. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Cover and let stand until the cheese starts to melt.
Spread filling in a half circle to cover half of each tortilla. Sprinkle on fresh cilantro, if using. Fold tortilla in half and heat in a medium hot sauté pan on each side until it starts to brown. Oil can be lightly brushed onto the outside of the quesadilla before heating to make it more crispy.