Ray Nash Collection
Located on the mezzanine level of the East Reading Room, the Ray Nash Collection honors Dartmouth’s long-standing commitment to the book arts. The collection was the personal working library of Professor Ray Nash, who founded the Graphic Arts Workshop in 1937 (now the Book Arts Workshop). It is a rich source for the study of the art and craft of printing and book design. Other materials related to Ray Nash, including his calligraphy collection and personal and professional papers, are located in Rauner Special Collections Library and a collection of his reference materials for letterpress printing, calligraphy and book binding is located in the Book Arts Workshop.