WebPac Implementation Team : Meeting Minutes
9/13/01, 158 Baker
- Mark Mounts
- Bill Ghezzi
- Paul Merchant
- Reinhart Sonnenburg
- Jennifer Merrill
- Bill Fontaine
- Ann McHugo
- Rebecca Lee (recorder)
Approval of Minutes
Minutes of 9/6/01 were approved as amended.
The proposal for a library catalog maintenance group has been referred to the library administration.
The Webpac Implementation chairs will send a note to the Vox in hopes of having a follow-up article regarding the new library catalog.
Bookmarks and post-it notes carrying the new catalog URL will be arriving shortly.
Review of recommendations for MEDIA WWWOPTION, serial/multi-part item record creation, journal scope, review file training and non-circulating library materials
- The proposal for additional review files and bibliographer training was accepted as amended.
- The proposal for serial and multipart item record creation was accepted as amended.
- The proposal for a journal title scope raised several questions:
- Is there an alternative to solution to the journal search issues other than the purchase of a journal scope? Users have commented that the journal searches seem “clunky” and take an inordinate amount of time. Could part of this problem be rectified with the purchase of additional disk space? Jennifer and Paul will pursue this option and report back to the team.
- Have we identified all the issues that are involved with journal searches or is the question of a scope but a part of the recommendation?
- The proposal for MEDIA WWWOPTIONS (i.e., format indicators in the webpac browse screens) was accepted as amended.
- The proposal for marking non-circulating materials in the Library Catalog was accepted as amended.
Please send Bill a listing of any enhancement requests you have submitted to either IUG or Innovative.