Book Arts Prize at Home Edition
Our official Book Arts Prize competition may be postponed till Spring of 2021, but we can still celebrate what you’ve been making at home with our Book Arts Prize at Home Edition! At the end of the Spring Term and the Summer Term we’ll choose from the images and videos you send of books you’ve made at home and award prizes. The prizes will be $50 gift certificates to Hanover’s new bookstore & café, Still North.
Deadline for Spring Term submissions is Monday, June 15, 2020 by 11:00pm.
- You must be a current Dartmouth student (undergraduate or graduate)
- The work must have been made between March 16 and June 15, 2020
Each entry MUST include the following:
- Completed Entry/Contact information:
Submission form for Book Arts Prize AT HOME EDITION (Word Doc)
- Up to 5 images of the artwork submitted: Images must be in JPEG or JPG format, 300 DPI, 1200 pixels or greater on the largest side. Individual files should not exceed 5 MB.
- Short video (< 1 minute) of book as one interacts with it.
The categories for prizes are:
Zine—(must be in an edition of at least 5) (/ziːn/ ZEEN; short for magazine or fanzine)— a small-circulation self-published work of original or appropriated texts and images, usually reproduced via photocopier—but not necessarily.
Bookbinding—a blank book bound with especial attention to craftsmanship and materials
Artist Book—a book with content, structure and method intertwined, ie the book AS art.