- Printing in Dana Library: GreenPrint
- Printing in Matthews-Fuller Library
- Color Printing
- Printing from an iPad
- Reporting Problems
Printing in the Dana Library is managed by the Dartmouth GreenPrint system. Under this system users submit print jobs to the system using their DND (Blitz) name and password. Jobs may then be released (printed) on any Campus GreenPrint Release Station.
The GreenPrint station located in the café area of Dana is a high capacity multi-function device capable of printing, copying and scanning to email.
GreenPrint has been designed to accommodate printing for students and faculty. Students are allotted a quota for each term and faculty have unlimited printing. Other users may pay cash for printing at the Circulation Desk. For more information see the Dartmouth GreenPrint FAQ.
Important Note: Before you can print using GreenPrint you must swipe your ID card at a GreenPrint print station to activate your account.
How to Print:
- Select Print on the computer - make sure GreenPrint is the selected printer
- Set job parameters - double sided, multiple pages per sheet, etc.
- Enter your name (netID) and password, and a name for the job
- Go to the release station - swipe your ID card or log in with your NetID and password
- Choose the job to print or delete from your list of jobs
- The display also shows the cost of each job and the amount left in your quota
GreenPrint is now supporting mobile devices. Any mobile device capable of sending e-mail can send print jobs to the GreenPrint system. There is no software to install. Simply send the files as attachments to GreenPrint@dartmouth.edu from your Dartmouth e-mail account and the jobs will be available to retrieve like usual from any GreenPrint release station. See the GreenPrint Mobile Registration and GreenPrint mobile instructions for more details.
You can open PDF documents in iBooks on your iPad, and then send the PDF as an enclosure to yourself with Apple Mail.
All public computers inside the Matthews-Fuller Library will print directly to the public use Konica-Minolta printer/copier/scanner located near the Information Desk. User who wish to print to the library printer must be connected to one of the following wireless networks: eduroam, D-H Network, DHMC Secure.
Color photocopies and color printing are available in the Matthews-Fuller Library for a charge of $.50 per page. Cash only. Please ask staff for assistance.
Installing the Library Printer near the Matthews-Fuller Library Information Desk (Konica Minolta 368e)
- Click on the Windows Start button, and select Settings -> Devices -> Printers & Scanners
- Click on Add a printer or scanner.
- After a few seconds or more the application will stop searching for printers.
- Click on "The printer that I want isn't listed" and you may need to scroll to the end of the list to find this link.
- In the next window select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname and then click Next.
- In the Hostname or IP address field, enter 188.8.131.52 and then click Next.
- It may fail to find the printer during the detection process: If you see the Additional port information required screen, leave the settings as they are and click Next.
- On the Install Printer Driver screen: Select KONICA MINOLTA from the left side, and KONICA MINOLTA PS BW Laser Class Driver from the right side, and then click Next.
- In the Printer name field, enter Library Printer or something similar, and then click Next.
- Make sure Do not share this printer is selected in the next window, and then click Next.
- Click on the Print a test page button to make sure the printer is installed correctly, and then click Finish.
Mac OS Instructions:
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + sign to add a printer.
- Click on the IP icon at the top.
- Enter this IP address: 184.108.40.206
- In the Protocol field, make sure that Line Printer Daemon - LPD is selected.
- In the Name field, remove the numbers and enter Library Printer.
- In the Use field, choose Generic PostScript Printer.
- Check the box for Duplex Printing Unit, and then click OK.
- The printer/copier should now be installed and ready to use.
Color photocopies and color printing are available in the Matthews-Fuller Library for a charge of $.50 per exposure. Please ask staff for assistance.
There is one single-sided color printer GreenPrint Release Station located on the Lower Level of Berry Library, and is available for Dartmouth students only. Kresge Physical Sciences Library also has a color capable GreenPrint station.
Poster printing is available in the Evans Map Room located on the second floor of Berry Library, next to the Jones Media Center. Visit the Evans Map Room for additional information.