Borrowing Library Material
Valid identification cards from one of the following
must be presented to check out materials:
- Dartmouth College
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic/Lebanon
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
- Guest Borrower Card
Please contact the circulation desk at the Matthews-Fuller Health Sciences Library or the Dana Biomedical Library with questions regarding eligibility for borrowing privileges.
The collections of the Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries are open to the public. The digital resources can be searched by visitors at either of the Biomedical Library locations.
We have a small collection of books at Dana. Books from the Dartmouth Library Depository can be requested for pick up.
Material from the Consumer Health Library at Matthews-Fuller may be borrowed by members of the general public for two weeks with registration and a picture identification.
Materials from the Reference Collection do not circulate and may only be used in the library facilities.
- Books - Dana Library: 120 days, 3 renewals
- Books - Matthews-Fuller Library: 28 days, 3 renewals
- Bound Journals - Dana Library: 7 days, 3 renewals
- Bound Journals - Matthews-Fuller Library: 28 days, 3 renewals
- Audiovisual (DVD, CD, etc.) - Dana Library: 7 days, 3 renewals
- Audiovisual (DVD, CD, etc.) – Matthews-Fuller Library: 28 days, 3 renewals
- Reserve Reading - Dana Library: 2 hours, some exceptions
- Reserve Reading – Matthews-Fuller Library: 2 hours, some exceptions
RENEWALS are possible by phone, email, web (Account Login), or in person.
LOST ITEM CHARGES:
Patrons will be billed for material not returned or renewed within 42 days of the due date. That billing includes the cost of replacement, a processing fee of $25 and a billing fee of $15. Courtesy reminders about the overdue material are sent before billing. Lost material should be reported immediately to the Libraries.
Replacement and processing fees may be waived if the missing material is returned within six months of the billing date. In that case, billing and any accumulated overdue charges remain the responsibility of the patron. If the patron has paid for the lost item within the six month period, the replacement cost may be refunded after the patron initiates a refund request with the Access Services Supervisor at the billing library.
- Dana Circulation
email: Dana Circulaiton
- Matthews-Fuller Circulation
email: Matthews-Fuller Circulation