See Dartmouth Full-Text Options with My NCBI
Many PubMed displays include "link out" icons that link to the full-text of articles. There are also special green "Dartmouth Full-Text" buttons that indicate whether you can link directly to an article's full-text because Dartmouth has a license for the journal.
The "Get It" button links to a screen that offers several Dartmouth-specific options, including links to available full-text, or a link to an automatically filled-in DartDoc request form.
These buttons appear when you do one of the following:
- Connect to PubMed via the link from the Biomedical Libraries Web. This link to PubMed has a modified URL that indicates you want to see Dartmouth-specific holdings.
- Log onto My NCBI after connecting to PubMed, if you have indicated that you want to see Dartmouth links. (See below for instructions for setting this up.) In addition to seeing "Dartmouth Full-Text" green buttons, you'll see a "Dartmouth" filter link with your search results. Clicking on this filter link will display only those citations with Dartmouth-specific holding links.
- Click on the "My NCBI" link in the upper right hand corner of the blue bar at the top of the PubMed page.
- Sign into My NCBI (or register if you haven't already done so.)
- Click on the "My NCBI" link at the top right again. You'll see a page labeled "My NCBI" with several boxes of options.
- Click on "NCBI Site Preferences" in the gray near the top at the right.
- Click on "PubMed Filters & Icons" under "PubMed Preferences."
- Under "Browse/Search for PubMed Filters," click the circle next to "LinkOut."
- Click on "Libraries."
- Find Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries in the alphabetical list of libraries. Click both buttons to the left of "Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries."
- Click on "My NCBI" again in the top blue bar at the right.
- Click on "NCBI Site Preferences" again in the gray near the top at the right.
- Click on "Outside Tool" under "PubMed Preferences."
- Find "Dartmouth Full Text" in the list and click on the radio button next to it. Click on "Save" at the top or bottom of the page.
- The My NCBI Preferences page should now show "Dartmouth Full Text" next to "Outside Tool" and "Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries" and "Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries (Provider Icon)" listed next to "PubMed Filters & Icons."
- You're all set - you'll now see the Dartmouth buttons in PubMed when signed into My NCBI.
- To get back to PubMed, in the blue bar at the top left, under "Resources" select "Literature" and then "PubMed."
** Connect to PubMed **
For help with using PubMed and other databases, please contact us.