Acquisitions Services mission is to provide exceptional support services for all collection development activities through prudent stewardship of the materials budget and strong working relations with our customers, colleagues and business partners.
To fulfill our mission, Acquisitions strives to:
- Employ good accounting principles, maintain accurate records and effectively manage the materials budget and the financial information in Sierra.
- Provide accurate statistical, fund and other management reports
- Periodically review policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient services
- Develop strong working relationships with vendors, publishers, consortia and alumni
- Maintain strong cross-departmental working relationships with colleagues
- Seek out new technologies in support of our work
- Maintain a commitment to staff development & training
General Areas of Operations Managed by Acquisitions:
- Library resources budget for all libraries
- Purchase and receipt of library materials
- Approval plans, continuations, subscriptions and memberships
- Digital resources trials, license, lease, access and site administration
- Alumni Memorial Books Program (AMBF), and Non-Memorial Gift Books Program - AMBF Brochure (.pdf)
- Fund, statistical and other management reports