How to Apply to become a DVP interviewer for 2017-2018
Eligibility: All current Dartmouth students in good standing who will be living in Hanover during the Summer 2017 term and who will be in residence for at least one additional term during 2017-2018 are eligible to apply to the DVP. Current sophomores are especially encouraged to apply. The DVP is open to students in all major programs of study.
Time commitment: Successful applicants must commitment to attend a schedule of eight on-campus training workshops during the Summer 2017 term. Most of these workshops will be held during the 3A class period (Monday and Thursday afternoons).
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed version of the application cover sheet.
- A copy of your Dartmouth transcript. (An unofficial copy is fine.)
- A statement of interest that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the DVP? (up to 250 words)
- What knowledge, skills, and interests will you contribute to the Dartmouth Vietnam Project, if you are selected to participate? (up to 250 words)
- Please explain how participation in the DVP might contribute to your Dartmouth academic plans and/or your professional development goals. (up to 250 words)
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from a Dartmouth faculty member. This letter should be emailed directly to Dartmouth.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Feb. 3.
Combine your completed coversheet, transcript, and statement of interest into a single PDF file and email as an attachment to Dartmouth.email@example.com
no later than 11:59pm on Friday, Feb. 3, 2017.
The DVP leadership team will interview selected applicants during the week of February 13. (Students not in Hanover will be interviewed via Skype.) All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by February 22.
Questions? Email Prof. Jennifer Miller (Jennifer.M.Miller@dartmouth.edu) or Prof. Edward Miller (Edward.Miller@Dartmouth.edu).