Skip to main content
Home >

DA$H Discretionary Account

Students: Register for a user account on GET Funds, then Log-In using your registered credentials.

Parents, Guardians, or Other Relatives: Use the Guest Deposit form to deposit to your student's ID card accounts.

The DA$H Discretionary Account is a declining balance feature that is available through the your Dartmouth I.D. Card. By adding value to your DA$H Account you can take advantage of nearly every service on campus from washers and dryers to a Skiway season pass. Your DA$H Discretionary Account can even be used to make purchases at any Dartmouth Dining Services location simply by notifying the cashier.


How do I open a DA$H account?

The DA$H Discretionary account is automatically provided for students, and is available for use from the moment you step onto campus.

The account is student-maintained, and begins with a zero balance. As a discretionary spending account, it is up to the student to make initial or continued deposits to it for on-campus transactions.

How do I deposit money into my account?

Deposits can be made by:

  • Going online through the GET Funds deposit portal. (Reminder: the 9-Digit DA$H Number is located on the lower-right-hand corner on the face of the I.D. card.)
  • Calling the Dartmouth Card Office at (603)646-3724 and paying by MasterCard/Visa supported Debit/Credit card.
  • Visiting the Dartmouth Card Office during business hours and paying by cash, check, or MasterCard/Visa supported debit/credit card. The Dartmouth Card Office is located in room 103 of McNutt Hall. Our business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:30PM (closed for lunch).

What if I don't have enough money in my account? Purchases are covered by a nominal amount of overdraft protection. The DA$H Discretionary account can accept charges until the balance reaches negative $100.00. If a transaction will put you over that limit, the transaction will not process.

Are there overdraft protection fees or interest? No.

Can I withdraw cash from my account? No. Unlike an ATM account, DA$H funds are not available for cash withdrawal.

What happens at the end of the academic year? At the end of spring term, any amount owed at that time will be transferred to your student bill with Campus Billing. The balance of the DA$H Discretionary account rolls over from term-to-term. If the balance is positive, it will also roll-over to the new academic year. If you are graduating, please visit the Commencement and Graduation section for more information.

Last Updated: 5/18/18