Professor Kapuscinski has contributed scientific expertise to policy arenas involving fish conservation, sustainable aquaculture development (e.g. organic aquaculture), and ecological effects of genetically modified organisms with a focus on fish.
- Listen to her most recent interview on NPR's Science Friday about the FDA's pending commercial approval of Genetically Modified Salmon in Dartmouth Now.
- Last fall, she was also featured on NPR's All Things Considered weighing in on the FDA's approval of genetically modified salmon.
- Read public comments regarding the FDA’s draft environmental assessment of genetically engineered salmon.
- Kapuscinski, A.R. and F. Sundström. 2010. Written comments on Environmental Assessment for AquAdvantage Salmon and Briefing Packet on AquAdvantage Salmon for the Veterinary Medicine Advisory Committee, Food and Drug Administration, September 16, 2010. 13 pp.
- Kapuscinski, A.R. and F. Sundström. 2010. Actual oral comments on Environmental Assessment for AquAdvantage Salmon and Briefing Packet on AquAdvantage Salmon for the Veterinary Medicine Advisory Committee, Food and Drug Administration, September 20, 2010. 8 pp
Kapuscinski , A.R. and F. Sundstrom (2013). Comments on Docket No. FDA-2011-N-0899, Draft Environmental Assessment for AquAdvantage Salmon and Preliminary Finding of No Significant Impact, Dated 4 May 2012, Prepared by the Center for Veterinary Medicine, U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Submitted April 19, 2013. 18 pp.
Kapuscinski also co-edited a book series on Environmental Risk Assessment of Genetically Modified Organisms:
Series editors A.R. Kapuscinski and P.J. Schei, Global Environment Facility (GEF) Scientific and Technical Advisory Panel. Books published by CABI, Wallingford, UK
Volume 3, based on a workshop at the WorldFish Center, presents scientific methodologies, combined with stakeholder deliberation, for assessing and managing environmental risks of transgenic fish. Each chapter ends with a non-technical summary:
Kapuscinski, A.R., K. Hayes, S. Li, and G. Dana, eds. 2007. Environmental Risk Assessment of Genetically Modified Organisms, Vol. 3: Methodologies for Transgenic Fish, CABI Publishing, UK. 304 pp.
[The book pdf can be viewed online but not printed. Printed book copies can be ordered from CABI: Transgenic fish book link, or order from http://www.cabi.org/Bookshop ]
Volumes 1, 2, and 4 address Bt crops in Kenya, Brazil and Vietnam, and were led by the GMO ERA Project, associated with the IOBC Global Working Group on Transgenic Organisms in IPM and Biocontrol. Book titles, links to pdfs and how to order printed books: http://www.gmoera.umn.edu/public/publications/books.html
Last Updated on Friday, 28 August 2015 18:51