X-Country Ski Passes on sale now!
It's never too early to plan for this winter. Soon the snow will be falling, so buy your XC Ski Passes and save some money. Download an application here and send it in soon.
For more information about all the things Outdoor Programs Office does, click here.
SIGN UP - Women's Self-Defense Begins 11/18
There's still time to sign up for this upcoming women's self-defense course! The first session will be held at Thayer on November 18th from 4:00 -- 8:00 PM. There will be three more 3-hour sessions held weekly thereafter; commitment to all sessions is a must. Schedule and details can be viewed here. Cost for Dartmouth employees is $20. Send your questions and/or register by emailing Cassandra.L.Holbrook@Dartmouth.edu.
Interested in Weight Watchers at Work?
A new 17-week series began in October. Meets Thursdays at 12 PM. Email Barbara Belloir (email@example.com) if you're interested in joining.
Like us on Facebook to connect to events, programs, resources and more!
Looking for community resources? Find links here!
Learn about existing benefits, F/EAP resources, or find information more specific to your family make-up with sections dedicated to couples, maternity, new parents, children and seniors.
Benefits/Incentives - free or low cost
- F/EAP: Work/Life Balance Balancing work and the rest of life helps you achieve both your career goals and your personal goals. Classroom, power plant, office—wherever you work, stress and unresolved problems can sap your energy and disrupt your health. The Faculty/Employee Assistance Program is here to help, whether your concern is personal or professional.
- Stressed? Frustrated? Overwhelmed? You are not the only one! Learn about Relaxation, Stress & Sleep.
- Ready to change the pattern of pressure? Download relaxation audio files. Listen and decide what works best for you.
- Family Doctor contains health information for the whole family from the American Academy of Family Physicians. Rated a Top Ten Most Useful Website by the Medical Library Association.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for family health information.
- Work and Family Life Newsletter cuts through the clutter with practical solutions and information—about parenting, elder care, the workplace, wellness and work-life balance.
- Alliance for Work-Life Progress is dedicated to advancing work-life as a business strategy integrating work, family and community.
- Planned Parenthood of Lebanon works to improve women's health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible choices. Call 603-298-7766.
- Women's Health Resource Center is part of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center's "Women's Health for Life" program. Attend programs and lectures targeted towards women of any age or use the helpful lending library. Call 603-650-2600.
- Alice Peck Day Hospital Women's Care Center offers personalized, comprehensive care for women from puberty through the post-menopausal years. Both traditional OB-GYN services and Midwifery Services are available. Call 603-448-3996.
- WISE is a 24-hour hotline providing domestic and sexual violence information and support. Hotline: 603-448-5525.
- Caring Bridge is an online space where you can connect, share and receive support – a personal social network for the families and friends of those facing serious health concerns.
- Browse the F/EAP library! Read about a wide variety of topics, ranging from the changes associated with aging to recommendations for raising resilient children.