To enable offices and departments to implement proper and consistent recordkeeping practices as well as adhere to College policies, Records Management has compiled the following resources for guidance.
What Is... Series
The What is... trainings are a series of short videos that outline the basic concepts of records management. This conceptual series aims to establishing a base of understanding about Archives and Records Management before delving into the more detailed trainings on the specifics of record keeping and records management.
- What is records management? (3:53)
- What are archives? (4:16)
- What is a record? (4:19)
- What is the record life cycle? (4:06)
- What is retention, what is disposition? Coming soon!
- What is the office of official record?
- What is compliance? (3:47)
- What is historical value?