The Dartmouth Library's October Conference, which originated in 1997, provides New England academic librarians a venue for sharing with and learning from one another. The conference features short, snappy, and practical presentations based on different themes; past themes have focused primarily on teaching, outreach, and user services.
The conference will not be taking place in 2019. Please check back in early 2021 for information about future offerings.
Questions or comments? Contact Laura Barrett, Head of Teaching & Learning, Dartmouth College Library.
Below is information on past October Conferences:
- Assess, Address, Success!
October 13. 2017
- Innovative Engagement
Friday October 16, 2015
- Making Connections and Cultivating Community
Friday, October 18, 2013
- Outside the Box: Innovation and the Library
Friday, October 19, 2012
- If You've Got It, Flaunt it!
Promoting Our Resources and Services
Friday, October 21, 2011
- Tools to Support Teaching and Outreach:
A Mix of the New and the Tried-and-True
Friday, October 15, 2010
- Staff Development on a Shoestring
Friday, October 9, 2009
- Space 2.0: Small-Scale Library Redesign Projects
Friday, October 3, 2008
- Surveys and Focus Groups: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Friday, October 12, 2007
- Cool Tools and New Technologies
Friday, October 27, 2006
- Collaborations on Campus: Opportunities for New Partnerships
Friday, October 7, 2005
- Beyond the Building: Taking the Library to Our Users
Thursday, October 28, 2004
- Better Teaching Through Assessment
Thursday, October 23, 2003
- The Web: Super Searching; Super Teaching
Thursday, October 31, 2002
- Web Usability: Does Your Site Work?
Thursday October 25, 2001
- Creative Marketing: Promoting Library Resources and Services
Thursday October 12, 2000
- Electronic Journals: Pragmatic Solutions for User Access
Thursday, October 21, 1999
- Reserve Readings and Other Course Enhancements on the Web: Let the Library Lead!
Thursday October 22, 1998
- Creative Web-Based Library Education Projects
Thursday October 23, 1997